On Wednesday the 8th of November, Littlegarth School in Nayland, Colchester hosted the very first U11 IAPS rugby festival. Twelve teams took part in the event, traveling from different parts of the country. St Mary’s Hall got the prize for the longest trip to Colchester traveling down from Lancashire! The festival took the form of a five match group stage and then a sixth tiered match, with first playing first, second playing second and so on from the group.
• First: St Faiths School v Littlegarth School.
• Second: Stamford Junior School v Framlingham College Prep.
• Third: St Georges Junior v Brentwood Prep.
• Fourth: St Cedd’s School v Barnardiston Hall.
• Fifth: St Mary’s Hall v Felsted Prep.
• Sixth: Elm Green Prep v South Lee School.
The sixth match acknowledged earlier team performances but also followed the RFU guidelines on festival structure and final results.
In all it was a great afternoon for all involved. Educational, competitive and fun, it is easy to forget that the students taking part were all under elevens. The skills on show were fantastic and there were some clear rugby stars of the future!
This is the first regional event of its type and it hoped that in coming years such events will grow. A big thank you to Littlegarth for hosting the event, to their Head of Boys games Mr Keith Dawes, to the referees, spectators but above all else the players!